Working Student System Administration (f/m/d) in the Data Science Field
INWT Statistics GmbH
INWT Statistics GmbH is a Berlin-based company specializing in data science. We develop tailor-made solutions so that our customers can use their data profitably. The algorithms we have developed are used automatically in many projects. For this purpose, we either integrate the algorithms into our customers’ IT landscape or provide an interface to the customer via our infrastructure (SaaS).
As a Working Student for System Administration (m/f/d), you will handle the administration of the IT infrastructure for our data science projects, and will encounter a broad spectrum of tasks:
- You will be jointly responsible for the administration of Linux and Windows systems.
- You will monitor the state of the systems and take action when updates have to be installed or resources become scarce on a VM, for example.
- You will extend processes with logging functions and integrate monitoring systems.
- Depending on your previous knowledge and interests, you will work with relative databases, AWS, Continuous Integration, Docker, Ansible, etc.
What we are looking for:
- You are a student in computer science, business informatics, or bring comparable qualifications with you.
- You have experience in system administration in the Linux environment from jobs, internships, or private projects.
- You have experience with at least two of the following areas:
- Relational databases (performance optimization, database schema design) - ideally MariaDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift
- Cloud Computing, e.g. AWS (in particular EC2, ECS, VPC, Route 53)
- Networks (Routing, Firewalls, Security)
- CI-Tools, e.g. Jenkins
- You are interested in questions related to data science and new technologies, and enjoy getting acquainted with new topics.
- You learn quickly and are highly motivated.
- You like to find independent and structured solutions, and you take responsibility for your work.
- You like to work in a team, will ask if you need support, and enjoy helping others.
- You have good knowledge of German and English and are able to create documentation/tickets in both languages.
What we offer:
- Work with a highly qualified, helpful, and motivated team of 17 people.
- Interesting and varied tasks through many projects.
- Time and resources to test and familiarize yourself with new technologies and tools.
- Work-Life-Balance durch flexible Gleitzeitregelung und Überstundenausgleich
- Flat hierarchies and transparent communication, e.g. regular development discussions.
- Transparent and uniform salaries within the experience levels (Working Student, Junior, Intermediate, Senior).
About INWT Statistics
INWT was founded in 2011 as a spin-off of the Statistical Consulting Unit of Free University of Berlin. Since then, our data science solutions have been used mainly by large and medium-sized companies to help them gain business-relevant insights from their data. We primarily develop forecasting algorithms that need to be implemented, maintained, and optimized. For this purpose, we provide our team with an efficient infrastructure. Quality is one of our core values. We focus on long-term customer relationships and attach great importance to openness, transparency, and fairness, both internally and externally. INWT is an owner-managed company. We operate without external investors, and have been in the black since our founding.
If you see yourself in the job description, we look forward to receiving your application with your curriculum vitae and other relevant documents (e.g. GitHub/GitLab repo or certificates) -if possible, anonymously (without a photo or personal details on gender, age, marital status, or origin).
8 - 20 h/week
Level of Experience
Mira Céline Klein
Job Advertisement as PDF